My Life as a Mommy & Wife

My photo
I am a child of the King. I am a wife of a firefighter and construction guru. I am a mommy of 3 kids: Katie (4), Ben (2) and Drew (3 mos) I am a Starbucks addict. I love to clean. I am a work in progress, and I am thankful for grace.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Potato Salad

Today I made potato salad for my husband's birthday celebration tomorrow and for a BBQ at his fire captain's house. It is a process. I boiled water, peeled the shells of the eggs, refrigerated the potatoes, and mixed all of the sauce together. It was quite a bit of work & it smelled really bad. It was a mixture of a ton of yucky things, but when it is all put together, it is delicious.

I know it may seem odd and a little far fetched, but making the potato salad is a lot like my day was today. Katie was so fussy. I could not put her down, pick her up ,drive her around, or feed her without something making her upset. I tried everything. I got worn out. I tried to go out to dinner with my parents and Katie pooped her pants (up the front, back, side, and into her car seat). It was a mess.

I finally got Katie down for bed tonight and, as I worked on the potato salad, realized that I put a lot of work into my day and into making Katie content, just like I worked a lot on the potato salad. In the end, however, when I look into my little girls' blue eyes, I realize how much all of the work is worth it. I see her smiling face and hear her little giggles when she wakes up in the morning. I cannot get enough of her. I adore that little girl with all that I am. All I can hope is that I am able to be the best mommy for her. My Lord has made me for such a time as this, to love this little blessing from above with all that I am and work as hard as I can to raise her up in the way she should go.

So here's to a day that I saw a lot of bad things come together to make something beautiful and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment