My Life as a Mommy & Wife

My photo
I am a child of the King. I am a wife of a firefighter and construction guru. I am a mommy of 3 kids: Katie (4), Ben (2) and Drew (3 mos) I am a Starbucks addict. I love to clean. I am a work in progress, and I am thankful for grace.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

First Father's Day

Tomorrow is my husband's first Father's Day. I wish I could write down how I feel about him... how much I appreciate what a good father and supporter he is...

..how he is working extra duty on his first Father's Day because he knows we need a new vacuum.

...how he gives Katie a sweet kiss on her forehead when he leaves for work in the morning.

...how his phone background has me and his little girl, with a caption above it that simply reads "Pray".

...how he comes home from 24 hours at work and wants to take Katie for a couple hours so I can have some me time.

...how the day she was born, he was the first person to hold her, the first person to kiss her, and the first person to completely fall in love with her... and how that complete admiration is still as exciting as it was the day she was born.

...how his heart has become that of a father: selfless, compassionate, and passionate.

...how every moment he holds our daughter, he loves her more.

...how much I fall in love with him every time he holds our daughter.

I am blessed to have him as my husband, and as the father of our daughter. Happy Father's day to the most wonderful man I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment