My Life as a Mommy & Wife

My photo
I am a child of the King. I am a wife of a firefighter and construction guru. I am a mommy of 3 kids: Katie (4), Ben (2) and Drew (3 mos) I am a Starbucks addict. I love to clean. I am a work in progress, and I am thankful for grace.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Freedom

Today is the 4th of July, Independence Day.... A day to celebrate. Today I think of what freedom is. In Christ, freedom is the forgiveness of our sins and the promise of the Lord to love us... as far as to die on the cross for us. Freedom in this world is the long road of war, death, and the victory of our country over others, to obtain a freedom to live and breathe... to pursue happiness, our own beliefs, & security.

Today I thank the Lord. I thank the Rathbuns, Goundys, Orrs, and all of the other families who sent their loved ones into a battle. They do not know what the end will hold, but they trust in the Lord to protect their children as they continue to fight for the love of this country and the people who live in it.

I am at a loss for words at how to thank the Lord and the people I love for fighting for us. Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment